Thursday, May 15, 2014

One Base - Many Looks round-up! + CH Nail 049 review

Hi all :)

So here's a round-up of the looks I did on top of CH Nail 049. I liked doing these, but the base was a bit too dark to do much on.. I've learned that for next time ;)


Here's a link to the original posts, from left to right: Grey Chevron Gradient for Happy Monday, Tardis Nails and Unzip That Rainbow!

When I bought CH Nail soak off gels (at BornPrettyStore) I couldn't find any reviews, so I thought I would do one for other people looking for one. It's NOT because I've been send these for review.

Keep in mind: I'm still new to SOGs and haven't tried any of the 'professional' brands because they are too expensive to buy here for me.. I've tried Depend Gellack, BMG and Lacqit.

First, here's a bottle shot.


For the mani I used CH Nail Soak-off Primer (which is called Base Coat on the website), CH Nail 049 and CH Nail Soakk Off Top Gel. I also have CH Nail 025 (looks like a grenn-teal ish color, but IRL it is a bright green), but I haven't tried that one yet.

So for my review, I'll just list some things I've noticed about application, durability and removal.

  • Application was a pain! The gel shrank even before curing it - it shrank while I applied it. So it was impossible to get the gel close to the cuticle and get the tips covered.
  • The top coat had next to no shine in it. For the Grey Chevron Gradient I put a normal top coat on top of the 'bare' nails to get a bit of shine out of it.
  • It held up pretty okay! I only wore it for 4-5 days, but I usually have chips or fractures in my SOG mani after that amount of time, so that was a win for me!
  • But removal was a pain too! Something seemed to go wrong with the gel during removal. It changed color and smelled funny. And it took a lot of effort to get it off. My nails smelled for a couple of days afterward - kind of a burnt smell. I don't know enought about SOGs to know what could be wrong, but it just seemed wrong!

So all in all not the best experience. What annoyed me the most was the shrinking, because that meant I didn't even have a good mani to look at while wearing it. Luckily I could partly hide it with nail art ;)

I don't know if I'll try out the other color I have - I probably will at some point :p

I hope this is just a little bit helpful for just one person!

Have you tried these SOGs? Any recommendations for me?

Have fund and take care =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...