Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's day! Wild flowers for my mom.

Hi all and happy Mother's Day :)

I actually don't really celebrate Mother's Day (sorry, mom!), these kind of holidays doesn't mean much to me - I'll rather celebrate her birthday and stuff like that :) But Nailpolis had a Mother's Day contest, so I thought I would make a mani dedicated to my mom and enter it into the contest :)

I was thinking long and hard about what to do and thought of a lot of ideas that I was sure I couldn't do, so I dropped them all again. I wanted to incorporate something with her love for the nature and colors, so in the end I got the idea to make wild flowers (all of them growing here in Denmark) as a kind of half-moon. The halfmoon idea is inspired by The Nailasaurus' halfmoon cornflower nail art - I even have one cornflower in there myself.

I'll have the name of the flowers, polishes used and pictures of the flowers further down, se keep reading on :)

Matte

Matte


Shiny

Shiny

I made a collage with the inspiration - that way the nail art makes a bit more sense:


I researched the flowers on www.danmarksflora.dk (I got the Latin name there) and first found reference pictures on google and later I found the ones for the collage on www.freeimages.com so I was sure I didn't break any copyright laws :)

So I'm gonna list the flower I tried to recreate and the polishes used. I used Mavala Pistachio as a base color on all nails - I LOVE that polish! And the matte top coat is Essence Matt Top Coat.

Thumb:
Name: Hepatica Nobilis Schreb (Latin). Blå Anemone (Danish). So I guess it's a blue anemone in English, but I'm not sure!
Polishes used: Hot Make-up no. 23, Barry M Gelly Key Lime, Wet'n'Wild French White Creme

Pointer:
Name: Myosotis palustris L. (Latin). Forglemmigej (Danish). Forget-me-not (English)
Polishes used: China Glaze Electric Beat, OPI I Just Can't Cope-Acabana, Revlon Posh and Wet'n'Wild French White Creme

Middle:
Name: Viola tricolor L. (Latin). Stedmoder blomst (Danish). Pansy and/or hertsease? (English)
Polishes used: H&M It's Genious M, Hot Make-up no. 23, Wet'n'Wild French White Creme, OPI I Just Can't Cope-Acabana

Ring:
Name: Bellis perennis L.(Latin). Tusindfryd (Danish). Daisy (English)
Polishes Used: Wet'n'Wild French White Creme, OPI I Just Can't Cope-Acabana, Nubar Citadel mixed with Wet'n'Wild French White Creme

Pinky:
Name: Centaurea cyanus L. (Latin). Kornblomst (Danish). Cornflower (English)
Polishes used: Essie Butler Please, Gosh Lavender Love, Wet'n'Wild French White Creme

I wasn't satisfied with all the flowers (I'm looking at you, Daisy!), but overall I was very pleased with this mani. It made me so happy to look at :) Daisies are actually my fave flower and my parents' garden is FULL of them!

Whew, what a long post. I hope you made it all the way through and if you did: Thank you :)

Do you celebrate Mother's Day? If you do, what do you do on a day like this? Tell me in the comments :)

Have fun and take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...