Friday, January 17, 2014

Alcatraz Waterfall

Hi all :)

I got Alcatraz... Rocks for my birthday and couldn't wait to wear it! I decided to do a waterfall mani, following the tutorial by the Nailasaurus. I wasn't able to get the fine stripes with pointy ends as she does, but I was okay satisfied with it anyway :)


I used Essie Cocktail Bling as a base and did the waterfall with Rimmel My Denim, Essie Smooth Sailing, H&M Notoriously Beautiful and Hot Makeup no. 23


I chose the colors for the waterfall by looking at my swatch stick for Alcatraz... Rocks, so that it would match. But when I put it on, it looked quite a bit more purple on my nails compared to my swatch stick, so the colors didn't match up anyway. Quite weird. I think I might have failed to shake the polish before swatching it, so some pigment was missing.. Oh well.. I need to swatch it over so it won't fool me again :)

You can see the difference in this photo:


Have fun and take care =)

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the colors you chose for the waterfall.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...