Monday, October 7, 2013

31DC2013 Day 19, Galaxy: The Milkyway

Hi all :)

Galaxies! I've never tried that before.. I didn't really know what colors I wanted to do and how caricatured I wanted to do it, but on the way back from a family birthday late at night in the country-side I was looking up at the sky.. Without all the light-pollution I could really see the stars and vaguely see some of the Milkyway! It was soo beautiful! So I tried to  recreate that by going for a very subtle galaxy mani.. urgh, it's difficult to explain.

My boyfriend grabbed my nails to look at them while I was done and he said: "It's the sky! The Milkyway!" - he didn't even know the challenge prompt I was dong was galaxies ;) That counts as a win in my head! haha


It was difficult to capture, so I tried to mattify it with Essence Matt Top Coat..


A close-up before the matte top coat..

The base is H&M Kiss Goodnight. I sponged quite a bit of the base with OPI My Private Jet (Not that super HTF version). I then sponged on the Milkyway with Gosh Snow, Love & Beauty Glow In The Dark Light Green and Essence Color & Go Grey-t To Be Here. I then did dots with mix of Gosh Snow and Wet'n'Wild French White Creme.

So next up is water marble! Looking forward to that, even though I haven't had any succes with it before..


Here's the other manis:


Have fun and take care :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments means the world to me =) It's always nice to get feedback on the stuff you do ;) I strive to reply on each comment!
Please refrain from putting links in your comments (unless I ask for it :p)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...