Monday, September 9, 2013

31DC2013 Day 9, Rainbow: Yeah well.. Rainbows..

Hi all :)

So rainbow nails! I love me something colorful and if anything is colorful, it's rainbows ;) But what I had in mind didn't really work out..

I was inspired by THIS wonderful mani.. I liked that it looked kinda like a sugar spun mani, so I wanted to do the same, but with all the colors of the rainbow. That was a bad idea, because that didn't give me enough space for each color to have that effect.. I'll have to try it at another time with one color in different shades at the time :)


For the bases I used Gosh Groovey Grey and China Glaze FYI. For the rainbow I used (from top-bottom and darker shade to lighter): Eyeko Saucy, H&M Check Me Out, China Glaze Papaya Punch, Kongsøre of Denmark no. 5048, H&M Lemon Tree, NYC Lexington Yellow, Essie Pretty Edgy, Ciate Mojito, Jordana Smooth Blue, H&M U Must Have This, Hot Makeup No. 23 and Color Club Pucci-licious.. Phew!


Here's a close-up because that looks a bit cooler.. haha


We're almost at the end of the color-portion of the challenge =) Tomorrow is gradient nails!


And here's the other rainbow manis. This is gonna be a lovely sight! :)



Have fun and take care :)

2 comments:

  1. it's interesting with polish instead of acrylic paint, did you use striper brush? I was thinking of making a tutorial on them, but that would have to involve making a video and I'm not that brave yet :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but I think it might be possible to achieve the same kind of look if I didn't try to cram the whole rainbow on one nail ;) I actually can't remember if I used my striping brush or 'normal' brush.. Well maybe a picture tutorial could do it? I wouldn't dare doing a video either :p

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...