Sunday, September 8, 2013

31DC2013 Day 8, Metallic: Framed Magnetic

Hi all :)

Today is metallic day :) Last year Sarah from Chalkboard Nails used magnetic polish for her metallic nails, and I have wanted to use my magnetic polishes for a while.. I really like the idea of magnetic polishes, but I have a problem with using them. I cannot get the magnetic effect on my whole nail and then I think it just looks weird.

So this time I tried and use the magnet first on one half of the nail and afterwards paint the other half of the nail and use it again.. That did make it a bit better, but you can see the divide in the middle. I then framed it off with a metallic polish so that the magnetic design didn't just stop in the middle of nowhere..


I used LCN Magnetic Nail Polish 43524-2, Maybelline Color Show Amethyst Ablaze and Hema Metallic (Probably has a number, but can't figure it out. I don't know if it qualifies as a metallic polish, but it is from a metallic line, so I'm in the clear :p ).

I then tried to mattify it with NYC Matte Me Crazy, but it didn't really work.. Weird.. It made the shine a little bit more dull, but nothing noteworthy..


I actually tought this was kinda cute :)


I was a bit lost with today's prompt, but I'm happy with what I ended up with :) Tomorrow is RAINBOWS :D yaay!


Here's the other metallic nails:



Have you tried NYC Matte Me Crazy? Did it work properly for you or did you have the same experience as me?

Have fun and take care =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments means the world to me =) It's always nice to get feedback on the stuff you do ;) I strive to reply on each comment!
Please refrain from putting links in your comments (unless I ask for it :p)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...