Friday, September 13, 2013

31DC2013 Day 13, Animal Prints: Fish scales..

Hi all :)

Welcome to day 13! I can't believe that I'm still in the game and actually one day ahead. But I think I'll soon loose that head start..

So today is Animal Prints. I'm not really a fan of 'traditional' animal prints like leopard, zebra etc. So I had to figure out something else.. So I though fish scales! Unfortunately I didn't have the time to freehand the 'scales', so I had to use a stamp and I didn't have one that resembled fish scales..So it kinda looks more like a mermaid tail, but shhh.. Don't tell anybody!

Lots of pictures today, cause there wasn't much light left outside when I was done with this mani.. So I have different pictures trying to show of everything that is going on here..


I think I used way too many polishes for this because some of them got lost amongst the others..

For the base I used H&M Turqouise (A Hello Kitty-polish)..
Then I used saran wrap to dap on a lot of different colors (in no particular order): Sinful Colors Nail Junkie, Milani Key West Nicole by OPI It's Up To You, Milani Cyberspace, Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Purple Diamond, PA AA41, Essence Glisten Up!, Sinful Colors Cinderella, W'N'W Teal or no Teal, H&M Metallic Blue.

I then stamped with Sally Hansen Silver Sweep and BM-315. Phew! And then I tried using NYC Matte Me Crazy again, this time with a bit better luck..



Before the stamp:


And a close-up to show some of the holo, glitter, shimmer and flakies!


I'm not sure I lived up to the challenge this time, but let's just say this was an animal print ;)

Tomorrow is flowers!


Here's the other animal print manis:


Have fun and take care =)

2 comments:

  1. I love that saran wrap! Great idea with the stamping of the fishscales :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot :) Well, the stamping was more out of necessity but I guess it did the trick :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...