Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Brightly Shorts.. Or: Kelsie's Nail Files 1 year blogiversary nail art contest entry..

Hi all :)

Kelsie from Kelsie's Nail Files are having a 1 year blogiversary nail art contest. The objective is to be inspired by a specific Pinterest board she has made for this occasion... I love this sort of challenge, so the minute I saw the contest I knew I had to enter.. It became even more of a challenge for me because I'm at my boyfriend's at the momentso only had a certain amount of polishes available. luckily I had just taken some new bright polishes with me (or else I would have to use the same colors as I have used the last 4 posts or  so), so I could sort of match the color of the photo I wanted to base my mani on.

So here's my interpretation.. Not really color accurate, the blue is not as bright and has a hint of lavender in it and the purple is more purple, but whatever..


And here's the inspiration.. I would have loved to do a more elaborate pattern on my nails, but I'm seriously out of practice and this took me more time to do than it should have :p


I started with a base of Orly Snowcone and dapped on some OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls with some cling wrap. I then used NYC Lexington Yellow and High Line Green, Color Club Pucci-licious and Wet'N'Wild Sunny Side Up for the pattern.. I would have loved to have a plain coral nail too, but didn't have such a color with me.. or even a black to outline the pattern with.. shame on me - who does not bring a black polish with them to do nail art? tsktsk..

A photo with my thumb too.. it did not turn out as great, but it incorporates all the four colors in the pattern..


Go and check this contest out - there is some really amazing photos on the Pinterest board and each photo gives SO many opportunities for different manis.. Are you gonna enter the contest? And which photo are you most inspired by?

Have fun and take care =)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...