Sunday, November 4, 2012

It's all about the touch screen...

Hi all :)

Wow.. Long time no see at all! Well.. Life in the US has been busy with papers and having fun =) My boyfriend even came to visit for two weeks! YAY.. I don't know what state of mind I would have been in by now if I hadn't seen him since I left Denmark :S I miss him so much already even though it is only 11 days since he left.. sigh.. But only 1 month and 20 days left until I see him again! haha..

Enough sentimental blabber.. I got to celebrate halloween! Yay.. and  experience a hurricane (Sandy), even though we were lucky and wasn't hit very bad at all.. After Sandy it has been cold here! Really cold compared to beforehand, where I would still walk around in a t-shirt and still feel too warm.. But I like cold weather and this year I have eliminated one of my last annoyances with cold weather: Wearing gloves and using your smartphone.. hmmm.. But luckily in the US touch screen compatible gloves are apparently a normal thing (and cheap) so I've gotten myself some gloves (and back-ups because I'm very good at loosing them) with a touch screen compatible thumb- and index finger :D I like the gloves so much that today's nail art is dedicated to them.. And it is litterally today's nail art, 'cause I did this today and is (of course) still wearing this mani..

I decided to do 'pistol accents' (but today I will insist on calling them 'touch screen accents'), so it would fit with the actual glove.. Hmm I don't think it makes sense, so I will let the pictures do the talking then..





It's a very liberal interpretation of the gloves and it didn't quite end up as i imagined.. But I LOVE IT! I don't know why, the execution isn't very well done or anything.. but maybe it is just my love for these gloves that does it for me :p (Jeeez, how can someone ramble so much about a pair of $3 gloves from Target?!)

I used OPI Skull & Glossbones (one of the very few polishes I brought with me) for the base on the 'touch screen accent' nails and JLB (I think?!) Coral Dream for the base on the other nails. Wet'n'Wild Black Creme was used for the 'art part'.. I like the horizontal lines even though it would prob be prettier if I used tape, but it always ends bad when I do that.. I did it on one nail, for one stripe and then went with my brush instead..

Okay, enough,, I guess I miss blogging :p I have a few manicures to show you, but not many considering how long time I've been away.. My nails have not been my first priority and they have been naked most of the time.. Maybe I'll be back soon with another post, who knows?

Do you have a pair of touch screen compatible gloves? And do you love them as much as I love mine? :)

Have fun and take care =)

4 comments:

  1. I'm a Danish girl studying in the U.S too, and I just bought these yesterday, they are brilliant! I felt really silly buying gloves in a target in Hawaii though haha. My american friend didn't get it, even though I tried to explain to him it's a real issue in the Danish winter.
    Love the nail art by the way, I wanna do something similar for my gloves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well, I'm surprised they even sell them in a Target in Hawaii :p haha.. I'm great I'm not the only one going a bit crazy =)
      I would love to see your glove-mani once you do it! Mail a pic to me if you do it =)

      Delete
  2. Woot! Didn't even know they made gloves like that! *must go shopping* I've missed your fun manis, glad you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you need to get a pair! Thanks a lot =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...