Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Artsy Wednesday - 3D: Blocks...?

Hi all :)

Thanks for your nice comments on my last post - I relly do enjoy my summer break :) I finally get to see the BF more and I'm getting through all the paper work that comes with my next semester as an exchange student ;) Oh yes, I'm going to the US, Maryland to be exact, to study for a semester! I can't stop thinking about all the cheap, awesome polishes that I can buy! haha.. Besides all the polishes, it's going to be an awesome experience!

Enough of that, on to the mani!

Today's topic is 3D (stick things on) so I wanted to use some of the square rhinestones I have.. I didn't do a very good job placing them, but I think they turned out okay..

But I really did love the combo of polishes (especially matte) so the rhinestones didn't stay on for long and I just kept the base colors with small holes and dents from were the rhinestones were placed. Well, they wouldn't hold up for long anyway and would get caught in everything!

Here's the base colors..

And a shot with my thumb too..

Close-ups (although one of them sucks).. I really love this glitter so much and I'm so happy I got my hands on it.. :)
The involved:
Nubar Citadel and L.A. Colors Color Craze Jewel Tone and rhinestones!

Check out the other 3D manis :)

Michelle - Lab Muffin
Alanna - Pretty Purple Polish
Holly - Hooked!
Maria - Maria's Nail Art
Tif - Polished Genius
Lyndsey - Nails by Ms. Lizard
Catrine - Unnaked Nails
Melanie - Nail & Polish
Jessica - Beauty Gnome


I know I'm not posting often. it is only a week since I got a vacation, so I'm still busy with bits and pieces (like my semester in US ;))..That's why I'm sad to announce that this is my last week participating in Artsy Wednesday! From now on I will be busy travelling between my home, my BF and my parents, so I won't be able to plan my manis.. I've really enjoyed being part of this challenge, but now I must part with it an leave room for a new member :) I will of course still be blogging :)

Have fun and take care =)

15 comments:

  1. We are going to miss you in our group - but I wish you luck in your exciting new adventure :)
    The mani is very stylish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sødt mani :) især glimmeren :) hvor har du fåer den grå-hvide nubar fra? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mange tak :) Jeg hr højst sansynligt købt den på beautybay.com! De har rimelig fornuftige priser, frif ragt og så er det inden for EU ;)

      Delete
  3. I love this! Sad to see you go :( Good luck for your future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The base colour and rhinestones work well together. Sad to see you leave Artsy Wednesday but the US will be so much fun. So many polishes you can get your hands on now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so! I think it's sad leaving AW too, but yes think of all the polishes! haha

      Delete
  5. I love the square rhinestones! Best of luck on your travels xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do really like them too!

      Delete
  6. jeg elsker at bruge matte på en glimmerlak. Glimmeret får SÅ meget mere magt :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy your sense of color... In general, you choose some really interesting combinations that I don't see very often, but that look really stunning together. This one is beautiful, that eggnog cream with the pink/blue/purple glitter. Very inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments means the world to me =) It's always nice to get feedback on the stuff you do ;) I strive to reply on each comment!
Please refrain from putting links in your comments (unless I ask for it :p)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...