Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Artsy Wednesday - Candy/Sweets: Wrapped candy!

Hi all :)

This week's theme is:   Candy/Sweets.. This has been the most difficult theme for me inspiration-wise.. Even though I could acknowledge a lot of candy and sweets as inspiration for a mani nothing really inspired me.. Even though I spent way to much time at the candy aisles while grocery shopping.. Nothing spoke to me..

So even though I wanted to be inspired by some specific candy, I ended up taking the easy way out.. and then stumble upon it on the way.. sigh.. that means this mani is a fail for me too.. It just doesn't speak to me :/


So I went with wrapped candy.. And I tried it out on a nail wheel first, so I wouldn't screw it up.. But somehow I did.. I just think this is too crowded and busy.. But at least it has a lot of colors going on :D


I like my thumb the best, but couldn't get a decent photo of it..


The involved:
Ask if you wanna know any names :)
You might have noticed that I've used a different background in these images.. I bought this plastic-thingy to protect my desk (since I spill nail polish and remover on it all the time plus other exciting stuff) and I thought it was soo cute! So I tried using it as a backdrop, and I kind of like that the background is lighter in these photos than usual.. So I might stick to it and I might go back to my old one.. Which background do you prefer?

Here's a shot of the plastic-thingy.. It's semi-transparent so it's my desk you can see through it..


Don't forget to check out the other girls' candy/sweets mani - hopefully they did a better job than me ;)
Michelle - Lab Muffin
Alanna - Pretty Purple Polish
Holly - Hooked!
Maria - Maria's Nail Art
Tif - Polished Genius
Lyndsey - Nails by Ms. Lizard
Catrine - Unnaked Nails
Melanie - Nail & Polish
Jessica - Beauty Gnome

I haven't had time to answer you comments yet :/ I might not do it, because I rather want to catch up on all your blog posts instead, when I have the time to do it.. I hope you can all forgive me, but I'm writing an exam project atm which requires my attention.. But I do read and appreciate every single comment! It makes me so happy :)

Have fun and take care =)

9 comments:

  1. Can I please have a bonobon, please??? they are super cute, and i love the plastic thingy too. Oh, i think I prefer the base color oo index and pinkie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is so cute, I love all the colours too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is cute and such an original idea! i would never have thought of that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun and summery feeling! great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours are really nice together, and I love those little animals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a soft spot for candies. :)

    I like the concept, it's unique and the nail art is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea! So cute. The black lines for detail really make it I think :) I like your new background for your photos too, the lighter background looks better than the dark.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments means the world to me =) It's always nice to get feedback on the stuff you do ;) I strive to reply on each comment!
Please refrain from putting links in your comments (unless I ask for it :p)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...