Sunday, April 15, 2012

Project Swatch 'Em All!

Hi all :)

What seems like ages ago, I got a tip from Maria about where to buy swatch sticks.. I wanted to swatch my whole collection as to get an overview of it.. So I ordered 200 sticks thinking I would have some left future purchases.. What was I thinking?

Well I quickly realised that I didn't have enough, so I bought 200 more... That wasn't enough either!! How could I be so wrong about the number of polishes in my collection? :O

Well I've ordered 100 more (as far as I remember).. And i know that I have around 50 polishes left to swatch. Maybe I should have ordered more? :p This process has taken a long time, since they are shipped from Australia so it takes about 3-4 weeks for them to get here..

Well I was shocked to realise how many polishes I actually own! It doesn't feel right..

Well, here's the 400 swatch sticks with names and how many coats used.. Next to them are some nail wheels which I swatched some of the remaining polishes on..

And here they all are out on my floor, ready to get sorted..

Sorted into colors (and a group of glitters/flakies/color chaning polishes etc.)

And here they all are, assembled and everything :) This is how are store them right now, but I think I need to find a better solution..

For a long time I've thought about counting my polishes, but didn't know how to do it best and wouldn't really want to admit how many polishes I own.. But now I know I have around 450.. And I think it's way to many for me!! And I was quite surprised.. haha.. So know I need to clean out in my stash..

Have you ever been surprised by how many polishes you actually own? And now I'm curious - how many polishes do you own? :D And how do you keep an 'overview' of your polishes?

Have fun and take care =)

11 comments:

  1. Hvor er det vildt! Jeg har længe ville tælle mine lakker, men jeg tør ikke vide, hvor mange jeg har. Tror dog det er under de 200. Men jeg elsker, at bare hælde alle lakkerne ud og "lege" med dem, så måske skulle jeg til at tælle dem snart! Desuden, hvis du laver en stash-list så får du måske lidt bedre styr på dem og så ved du også hele tiden hvor mange du har?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha jeg turde heller ikke vide det.. men det kom jeg jo så til :p
      Jeg glæder mig til at høre om du så har under 200 lakker eller om du har undervurderet din samling lige som mig ;)
      Jeg tror at hvis jeg laver en stash list, så glemmer jeg at opdatere den :p Det ville lige ligne mig!

      Delete
    2. Heheh.. Jeg er heller ikke så god til at opdatere min stash list, men jeg gør hvad jeg kan. Og jeg har næsten lige opdateret den, så jeg kan se at jeg har "KUN" 124 lakker :D
      Du kan se listen her: http://sundaymanicures.blogspot.com/p/my-nail-polishes.html

      Delete
  2. That looks awesome! I was shocked when I counted my polishes, right now I have 571, I always thought I had around 200 polishes, just like you, I was completely wrong about it!
    I swatches all my polishes on a piece of paper sorted by brand, I wrote the name next to the swatch on the paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Well you know the feeling then ;) haha.. That's a great way too and it doesn't take up too much space.. and is cheap :)

      Delete
  3. Ahh, it's so nice to be finished with it. I found some great chains the easily open where you want, so that you do not need to remove XX from the screw if you want them sorted by shades within a color.
    Good work Sofie - and what a lot of nice polishes you have :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO looking forward to see your solution :)

      Delete
  4. That looks great! I have 330 nail polishes and I swatched them all on nail wheels. I also keep an Excel file with their name and were on the nail wheel I can find that colour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I started switching all mine on color wheels...then gave up lol. Now I store the polish on the wall racks so I can see them all....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm thinking I will give up at some point too :p I always do that.. Nice that you can see them all the time :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...