Thursday, March 15, 2012

Inspired by... Nail art contest at More Nail Polish - My entry

Hi all :)

Cathy at More Nail Polish is having a nail art contest, where the theme is 'inspired by ...' and this is my entry :) I was inspired by a card I did for my BFF's daughter's baptism, that took place on the same day the contest was ending.. I did these nails to match the card while I would be at the baptism and to have girly nails :)


There were only dots and glitter on the card - the swirls I did because I was really digging the swirls from my last mani..


And another shot with the card.. The glitter-glue I used for the card and the glitter polish I used for my nails have the exact same color shift - but I couldn't capture the color shift on my nails..


And here's some close-ups, just for fun :)




I enjoyed wearing these nails at the baptism since it did fit the occasion so well :) I didn't get a photo of the polishes used and can't remember them on top of my head, so if you wanna know any names let me know :)

Head over to More Nail Polish to see all the lovely entries - there are a lot.. Not all of them has been posted yet, but Part 1 is here and Part 2 is here!

Have fun and take care :)

12 comments:

  1. This is so cute, great job, good luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot :) I have no hopes of winning the contest, but thanks ;)

      Delete
  2. The card and the mani are adorable...and I'm diggin the swirls, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The swirls are really fun and easy! I think it'll be my go-to nail art when I'm busy or don't know what to do :p
      And thanks for the compliment :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the swirls & dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute mani :D Just started following your blog, would love you to check out my blog and follow back if you like :D
    http://blissfulbeautyxox.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot :)

      Checked out your blog, and I'm sorry but I'm not really into beauty products.. Well except nail polish of course! haha

      Delete
  5. Synes også de 'swirls' ser rigtigt fedt ud! Ved ikke lige hvordan jeg skal oversætte det :) Er meget nysgerrig efter hvordan du laver det?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mange tak :) Hmm ja, spiraler måske? Og så alligevel ikke? hehe..

      Jeg begynder med at lave en halvcirkel med et dotting tool og bruger derefter en pensel til at fortsætte spiralen rundt.. Hvis det er, kan jeg prøve at lave en tutorial?

      Delete
    2. Ja, en tutorial ville da være det allerbedste :) Tænker nemlig at give det et forsøg selv.

      Delete
    3. Jeg vil forsøge på det :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...