Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Artsy Wednesday - Inspired by a Movie: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Hi all :)

Another Artsy Wednesday post - and this time on an actual Wednesday :) We've coordinated in a way that we can post on the same time and it'll still be Wednesday in our part of the world! Isn't that great? :)

But something not as great.. My nails for today.. I HATE THEM! There.. I said it.. I did these monday night, because yesterday, Tueday, was an all-day work(study) day for me, so I wouldn't be able to do my nails there.. And I wasn't sure if I could make it today before the 'deadline' - plus I am doing laundry and such, we all know that's a bad combo..

From the beginning when I knew we should do movie-inspired nails, I thought I would do Charlie and the Chocolate Factory inspired nails.. But I thought about other movies too. But when it was suddenly Monday and I didn't have much time to do it I decided to stick with Charlie.. But I needed to simplify my idea.. And I thought this would be easy to do.. But NO! Somehow I ran out of time.. and.. bleh..

Well, to explain what I tried to do.. On my index and pinky I tried to do chocolat-swirls.. My middle finger-swirl is based off of all the red-and-white candy on my cover for the movie and from the movie.. And that thing on my ring finger? That was supposed to be Augustus Gloop's Golden Ticket which he took a bite off.. But I didn't have time to do any print on it or anything.. soo... yeah..



The base colors:
Gosh Chocaholic and Wet'N'Wild French White Creme - for the rest of the mani I used acrylic paint.
I wanted to take it off straight away! But I didn't have time, so I had to keep it on :/ And I still have some of it left :/ (The rest peeled off)

Just for fun I took a shot with my movie cover:

Baah! A big fat fail in my opinion.. But now I've tried it! haha..



The other girls participating in this challenge :) Check out their movie-mani and hope they are better than mine ;)
Michelle - Lab Muffin
Alanna - Pretty Purple Polish
Holly - Hooked!
Maria - Maria's Nail Art
Tif - Polished Genius
Lyndsey - Nails by Ms. Lizard
Catrine - Unnaked Nails
Melanie - Nail & Polish
Jessica - Beauty Gnome

Have fun and take care :)

18 comments:

  1. Oh, fun and nice, and now you needn't worry if you suddenly get the urge for something sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I don't think my nails would tase very good :p

      Delete
  2. We must be chocolate/candy Lovers? I love Your chocolate swirl...to bad it's not scented polish. Yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah we must be! :p I think I'm glad it wasn't a scented polish.. I would have to run to the store and get me some chocolate! haha

      Delete
  3. *homer simpson voice* Mmmmmm chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks cute! Love the chocolate swirl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I like it! :) These Charlie and the Chocolate Factory manis are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you do :) Well I won't take any responsibillity for chocolate bought because of these manis ;)

      Delete
  6. Aww, they're not so bad! I like them :) Especially the red and white spiral!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love! I like the spiral! It's trippy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes it is ;) I should do an all swirls mani!

      Delete
  8. the spirals are sooo fun and i love brown polish :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...