Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Artsy Wednesday - Blue Nails: Framed, Studded and Flakied..

Hi all :)

I don't know if the is such a word as 'flakied', but I'm using it anyway.. This post is going to be a bit wordy, so hang in there!

First of all: I joined some ladies for a weekly challenge, hence the Artsy Wednesday in the title.. Because the ladies who made this challenge is from Australia and they are a bit ahead of time compared to the rest of us, some of us are posting on Tuesdays so as to keep up with them :) I'll list the ladies participating at the end of this post :)

On to the inspiration for these nails.. I had seen some 'framed' manis a while ago, but they never really spoke to me.. But then i saw this framed mani by Lexi and I instantly fell in love! Since then I've wanted to do a framed mani and was reminded of it when I saw Lex's framed mani. She was inspired by Madeleine Pool, so I guess I kinda was too! haha..
And the studded frame is inspired by (stolen from, ahem) Sammy's gorg studded frame mani. I love all her studded manis and I need to buy those studs from BornPrettyStore!

Okay on to the mani..


I really loved this look! Even though I failed on the studs, I had a hard time picking them up without dropping them randomly on my nail, so it's wonky and the studs are too close together for my liking - well practice makes perfect I presume..

And the clor is a bit off, so here's a crappy pic from my phone (that for some reason is turned when I'm uploading it to blogger), just so I can tell you that the real color of my base polish is in between these  two photos!


Here is the mani before the flakies! Still awesome :) hah

Aand then I mattified it.. First I didn't do the studded finger, cause I didn't know how it would end out.. And I already fucked it up a bit with my topcoats..

But I tried it in the end.. Don't look near the tips, part of the mani shrank o_O

And another shot before the matte topcoat :) Can you tell I liked this mani from the amount of pics? hehe

The involved:
a PA flakie, Impala Paparazzi and Gosh Lavender Love (which is the most blue lavender I've ever seen - but it's soo gorgeous!)

I really loved this look! So classy in some way, but not at all boring! I can see myself doing this with a lot of different color and finish combos :)


On to the Artsy Wednesday.. You can go HERE if you wanna know a bit more :)

The ladies participating in Artsy Wednesday:
Michelle - Lab Muffin
Alanna - Pretty Purple Polish
Holly - Hooked!
Maria - Maria's Nail Art
Tif - Polished Genius
Lyndsey - Nails by Ms. Lizard
Catrine - Unnaked Nails

Okay.. long post.. Hope you survived :)

What do you think of my first attempt at a framed mani - both with polish and with studs? Are you into framed manis?

Have fun and take care :)

16 comments:

  1. Well done :) I like the mattified flakie version the best, flakies gets such a gorgeous dimension when mattified...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did so too :) Matte flakies are just the best!

      Delete
  2. I love this mani - need to try it :) Thanks for joining us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot :) It's def a fun mani to wear! And thanks for having me ;)

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've seen a framed mani before, its cool! The flakies are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you are missing out on something ;) Thanks a lot :)

      Delete
  4. I like the framed in look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flakied is definitely a word! I've never tried framed nails before, might have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, if it wasn't it had to be :p You should def give it a go ;)

      Delete
  6. I am loving this! I call the framed look "rimmed" and catch a lot of flack for it lol! I really love this blue over the black and the flakies are a fantastic added touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I think rimmed is an awesome name for it too! But different person, different taste ;) I'm really glad you like it :)

      Delete
  7. Love the color..love the frame...loved the flakies...love this Mani! You have great nail beds! Welcome to the team. I can't wait to try out a framed mani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you :) That's so nice of you! I'm looking forward to seeing your take on this :)

      Delete
  8. a framed mani... looks soooo chic. love it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youu :) I felt chic with it :p

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...