Saturday, August 6, 2011

Polish Painting

Hi all :)

I'm really terribly at answering your comments atm.. and I've gotten a few awards that I need to look at.. But at least I have the post of I promised a week ago! :)

This is what I gave my mom for her birthday... A painting made with only nail polish :)


First I wanted to make a painting with each of the nail art designs I was doing.. But because I never really know how it turns out, I only sometimes got around doing it when I was finished with my mani (did that make any sense?)

Soo I decided to do something else.. In the end I incorporated a few of the designs I've done as a mani before..

Unfortunately the frame covered some of the painting.. and I had to cut some of for it to fit in the frame :p hah..


aand at an angle..

She liked it a lot.. And I think it was fun to do.. But it took up a lot of polish.. I've been thinking that the polishes I kick out of my stash I can use for making more polish paintings :)

What do you think of this idea? Have you seen it before?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this type of painting before--very creative! In the thumbnail on my blogroll, I thought it was a quilt block. :)

    What surface did you paint on--canvas, board, something else?

    Maybe this is how I can destash--make art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cool!!! this is the first time ive seen this, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeg er meget glad for den :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. It is very pretty and unique.

    I am also going to ask what you used as a canvas? I think if I ever tried it I would used glass and then top with another sheet of glass when finished.

    With glass I could correct spots I didn't like with nail polish remover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies =) I'm glad you like it.

    I used what I had at hand.. Paperboard with some self adhesive book cover :p When I start another painting I'll try to remember to take pics :)

    KarenD: It's a very good way to destash! Some polishes just can't be sold or given away because they are to old or failed frankens, or have too little left in them.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...