Saturday, June 18, 2011

Color Cue skittle with random art..

Hi all! 
I hope you are off to a good start of the weekend :)

This mani is one that I began doing the night before last night, when I couldn't sleep.. Ever since I saw the Color Cue of the week over at Lovely In Lacquer, I knew I wanted to use the hues for a mani.. And btw, I loooove her idea of color cues! I will try to create a mani after her Color Cues each week! I'll se if that'll  pan out..

Abby's choice of Color Cue this week

But I was tired, so apparently I couldn't figure out picking the green colors, and ended up with these:
See? No greens..

I only painted the base colors that night.. I wanted to try out the Sally Hanesen topcoat I bought a while ago, to see if it is really as good as Seche Vite, hence the sheet marks.. So no, it's not that good.. But still better than most others..


The next day I did the nail art.. It still bothered me a bit, that I hadn't included a green in my skittle.. But I thought it was a good chance to try out some new half pearl thingies.. so here's my random nail art..:




I think these colors were great for random nail art.. so that's great =D But I'm not quite satisfied with the resemblance to the Color Cue..

Do you think the colors resemble the Color Cue just a tiny bit?

7 comments:

  1. i really like it!!! i cant wait to see what you come up with . with her color cues.! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the colors you chose!

    ...I tagged you in a “What’s in my purse?” blog: http://definitely-addicted.blogspot.com/2011/06/whats-in-my-purse.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really nice. Looked like a very weird color combination at first but you pulled it off :) I cant wait to see what else you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. McDiaz: Oh, thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one who like that idea :)

    Def. Addicted: Thaanks, I really like them too! Oh and thanks for tagging me =D I think these tags are so fun!

    Trisha: Aw, thanks! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those colors-I'm super into browns/greys right now so this mani is right up my alley! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! i love the ring finger! The dots inside dots in vertical lines is so cute! I'm gonna have to try it :) And i'm flattered you like my Color Cues so much- i'll definitely look forward to your manicures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda: Haha well that's great then! I loove those colors too..

    Abby: Yay, I wanna see your take on it ;) Well what can I say? I'm sold! haha.. So I'm looking forward to wednesday :p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...