Yay, so I wanna host a nail art contest!
Kind of because I'm a bit against giveaways (probaby just because I've never won one :p) and because I thought it could be fun seeing you guys doing some nail art
I'm going to try to explain how I intend this contest to be as good as I can.. If it doesn't make any sense, let me know and I'll try to make sense of it :p
The theme is going to be: Inspiration..
I want you to get inspired by something.. Anything..
Need inspiration to get inspired? Remeber my Hornsleth Nails, Mani of The Rings, Scrub by Flowers or most recently - My Mussel Mani..? That's what I'm talking about :)
In a contest there needs to be rules..
- I will need a picture of what you got inspired by.. Either together with your nail art or in a seperate picture.. Entries without a pic of the inspiration will be disqualified, sorry!
- You have to use nail polish somehow. Maybe this sounds like a weird rule, but that just means that you can use whatever you want to do your nail art.. Acrylic paint, rhinestones, feathers, stamping, whatever.. As long as there is nail polish too..
- The nail art have to be done on your nails! (if you're wearing acrylics or such that's included as your nail :p) Not on fx a nail wheel.. :)
- 1 entry per person :)
And now you're probably wondering how the winner is chosen..
I'll have some judges to give point to each nail art in different categories.. IF there's more than, lets say 6 entries, there's going to be a vote here on the blog to find the top 3-4-5 (depending on how many entries).
The categories the judges are using to grade the entries are:
- How the inspiration is translated onto the nail/incorporated in the nail design
- Creativity incl. method, materials and inspiration
- The overall aesthetics/look
I'll present the judged to you when the contest is closed :)
Now you're probably dying to know what you can win..
It's going to be a mix of new stuff, polishes I've swatched but haven't been using and frankens I don't use.. I'll probably buy some more along the way.. And depending on how many entries I get, It'll be divided into more prizes, but of course with more polishes :)
So far (!) I've gathered this:
- Gosh: Rainbow, Holographic, Deep Purple (swatched on one nail)
- H&M: Juicy Peach, Sizzling Lime, Dazzling Jade, Paradies Pink, Sunset Dreams
- H&M Hello Kitty: Pink Candy (swatched on one nail)
- Essence TE Your Rock!: Let me in Pink (swatched on one nail), Love, Peace and Purple, Speed of Light Blue
- BK: nr:25 (swatched on one nail)
- La Femme: Lime Cream
- No-name Purple (swatched on one nail)
So what you have to do is this:
- Get inspired! Do the nail art and send me the pics (sofieki at gmail dot com). REMEMBER you have to include a pic of your inspiration!
- Write a couple of words (or sentences) about why this inspired you, your thoughts about the translation to the nail or whatever you feel like sharing about your nail art..
- And of course I need your name.. And your blog adress if you have one :)<
The contest is open until June 4th (as long as it's still that date somewhere in the world)
And it's of course open internationally :)
Does it make sense to you? Are you thinking of joining the contest? Or is it too much work?
Yay, I'm excited! Haha
Disclosure: All polishes are bought by me at some point.. Nothing is sponsored by any company, just my tiny wallet :)