Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy!

Have you ever seen the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? I have plenty of times.. And read all of the books plenty of times.. I like it a lot :) So about a week ago, I saw it again - that was when I didn't have my computer to waste my time with..

So I thought I wanted to make a mani inspired by the cover from the book (the ultimate) and the DVD.. So here's some not-very-good pictures of my mani:

pointer-finger: 42 (the ultimate answer answer); index: Weird green thing from the book cover; the rest: Just the universe :)

Index: Marvin, the maniodepressive robot; Pointer-finger: A rubber duck, which is one of the forms the space ship take under the improbability drive; the rest: just the universe + an accidental splash of yellow in the middle finger

Marvin with Marvin from the DVD cover

The weird green thing with the weird green thing from the book cover; and 42 with the more fancy 42 from the DVD cover

Marvin and the rubber duck with their fellas on the DVD cover (see the rubber duck in the far left corner?

Oh well, if you haven't read the book(s) or seen the movie, then this probably didn't make any sense at all..

Even though it wasn't the best well done mani of mine, I really liked it.. Maybe because of the theme :)

So have you seen the mocie or red the book(s)?

6 comments:

  1. I cherish the books (they're amazing, but a close friend gave me a leather bound edition of all the books in one big book), and I really liked the movie adaptation! :D Great manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read the books (now I'm curious) but I have seen the movie in school. I loved it! I think Zoey Dechanel (sp?) is in that movie. And I love her.
    Anything to do with galaxy nails is good for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it! I haven't seen the movie or read the book but my husband has and keeps nagging me to read them too! I ant to do it but I have a long list of books I want to read hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kendal: Nice to know another fan! haha.. I have the ultimate edition too with all the five books, but it's a cheap paperback edition.. But I like that :) heh. Thanks!

    Rachel Marie: You should be curious, the books are way better than the movie.. and well, the movie only covers the first book! I have no idea who the actresses are..
    Good that galaxy nails are good for you :) haha

    Fey: Haha I know about having a way too long list of books to read! But a start is to see the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, you were far more creative back then than I was now (but after all, I just made it an excuse to do galaxies, really), the nails may be imperfect but who cares when they are so fun :)
    and to be honest, I watched half of that film few years ago, and I had to stop, because it was so bad compared to the books... should I give it another try, did you find it good enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thanks =) I enjoyed them! haha..

      yes the movie is bad compared to the books, but it's funny enough if you don't have the time to read the book again, but I'm always 'shouting' at the movie for not explaining this or that.. haha..

      Delete

Your comments means the world to me =) It's always nice to get feedback on the stuff you do ;) I strive to reply on each comment!
Please refrain from putting links in your comments (unless I ask for it :p)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...