Saturday, January 15, 2011

Glittaaarh Bomb!

Yesterday I wrote about a celebration mani because I've finished my first semester and first exams and now have two weeks off before second semester begins :D

So, the idea for this mani came because of a mani my mom did! Yeah it's soooo cool she's doing her nails now.. She made french tips with rainbow glitter.. Isn't she awesome? Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it.. Well I thought I wanted to do a rainbow-ish glitter mani too, but on the whole nail..

I've never been into a lot of glitter, so I thought this would be way to fancy and blingy for me, but I looved it.. I don't think there's any of the pics that shoes how it really looked IRL.. But I'll show you some in different lightings..

First I did a rainbow skittles, so that there wouldn't be any naked nails peeking trough

Aand here's the glitters I used:

And the result!

I wanted it to have different patterns on each nails, so I just slapped to glitter on randomly..
And two super thick layers of top coat so it wasn't gritty

Well I liked it a lot! I might do something like that another time.. And it wasn't that bad to take off.. I thought it would be worse..

And we had a great night with wine, beers and dancing and I've just been relaxing today and really enjoyed not having to study!

5 comments:

  1. This is really cool. How did you apply the glitter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Almost looks like you got it done with acrylic glitter! BAM! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! I have some glitter but I haven't tried it yet! What did you use to stick it to your nails?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies :) I was kind of proud myself :p

    Starving: I have no idea what acrylic glitter is! but thanks! haha

    Fey & Rachel Marie: I applied the glitter by swiping on some clear polish, put on some glitter polish, glitter etc.. One color at the time. I used a tea spoon to poor the glitter onto the nails :p Pretty messy! haha.. But I just put the excess back into the container afterwards..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glitter, wuhu, det er vildt flot, ELSKER GLITTER :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...