Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Weird colored lady bug-kind-of-looking mani

I apparently just do weird manis atm.. But I really really like this one.. I made this yesterday and promised myself I would wear this for at least a couple of days, but I ruined that for my self later in the evening (explanation after the pics)

See why it kind of look like a lady bug? But in weird colors.. I realised that after making the first couple of dots..

But I really like the color combination. I don't what got into me, I hadn't decided on what to do so I thought I'd choose a base color and then see what happened.. And I chose lilac? It's not a color I would normally wear as base color.. But hey - I liked the result..

And the polishes:
Yeah, I've piled them against my open ringbinder.. I do my nails while I'm studying, so that I read while the polish dries - and I couldn't get myself to remove all my books and stuff when I was finished, so I just used it as a replica..

Well the reason why I ruined the 'I-wanna-wear-this-mani-for-a-couple-of-days'-thing is that I cut my hair yesterday. I usually don't cut my hair by my self (only my bangs) but since I have a sidecut, I thought it would be safe - because no matter what I was doing, I didn't have to make it identical on both sides of the head! Plus I don't have the money yo go to the hairdresser at the moment, but my hair was so damaged that I really needed a hair cut..

But since I'm clumsy and not always think before I do stuff, I had an accident with the scissor.. Or I had 3 accidents (becaue I'm so stupid I repeat my mistakes). Well I cutted myself in my hand 3 times. I'm not sure how I did it, because that's not something you easily do, but I managed to it it 3 times!! Yeah, I'm stupid.. haha
Two of the cuts was close to the nails, so I couldn't put on plaster (My dictionary tells me this is the correct word - it's the same in Danish!) without covering the nails :/

So two of my nails now have a fine plaster-pattern on them! yay.. or.. But I still wear this mani, 'cause I've been changing my manis to often lately..
We'll se how long time I can live with a damaged mani (I hate damaged manis!)

Wow, I'm rambling.. I better get back to my studies.. Hopefully not doing my nails at the same time..

8 comments:

  1. I think this turned out cute. Even if its "odd" colored. I love the strange lady bugs.

    Did you perhaps mean Band-aid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thaanks :) I like it too!

    Yeah I meant Baind-aid, but as far I know that is a brand, right? Isn't there a more general term fir it? (I'm not that fond of supporting big brands :p )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always paint my nails while I study for the same reason...so that they can dry while I read! And I cut my own hair, but I have a boy cut, so it is pretty easy. I love this manicure; I hope you can get a few days out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good way to paint you nails, right?
    Well it's always good to save money, then you can use them on polish ;)
    Thanks! I'm really struggling here, I wan't to take it off all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I like this mani a lot! Very cute.

    I always paint my nails while I watch movies online :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey. You probably get tired of hearing me say this, but I really love your manis. They're so artistic and totally wearable! Have you checked out my latest blog post? I was hoping you would be interested in dueling me, but ouch, your cuts sound so bad! I hope they heal really quick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel Marie: Thanks :D It's always good to have something to do while painting your nails.. For me it just often mean that I smudge them or do something else wrong :P But hey, that's the charm!

    Starving: Haha no I don't get tired of it! Thanks a lot! haha.. Yeah, I think it's a good idea, so I guess I'll go over and challenge you on your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This reminds me of funky colored ladybugs. :D I really like this.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments means the world to me =) It's always nice to get feedback on the stuff you do ;) I strive to reply on each comment!
Please refrain from putting links in your comments (unless I ask for it :p)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...